- Are you worried about a child’s safety?
- Are you & your children known to social services?
- Have your children been taken into care and you don’t know where to turn?
This is an excellent opportunity to get vital information and have your questions answered.
- During this workshop you will:
- Learn about the role of social workers.
- Get a better understanding of the law in regards to children.
- Learn how to protect your own children and those known to you.
Date: Thursday 28th June 2018
Venue: 1st Floor, 102 Cranbrook Road, Ilford IG1 4NH
Time: 5.30 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Speaker: Social Worker from London Borough of Barking & Dagenham, Social Services Department.
For more information email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Or telephone us on 07906343050
‘There can be no keener revelation of a society’s soul than the way in which it treats its children.’
Minutes of June Workshop –Understanding Child Protection
On 28th June we had an informative workshop on Understanding Child Protection. There was a speaker from Barking and Dagenham who clearly explained the role of a social worker and how best to interact with them. All questions were answered clearly and sensitively. I would urge anyone to come to future workshops; you will not be disappointed.
Below is some feedback from the day:
WHY ARE SOCIAL SERVICES GETTING INVOLVED IN SO MANY FAMILIES?
- For the protection of children.
- If they suspect something is wrong in a household e.g. lack of hygiene/ bruises.
- Reports of neglect/ abuse.
- Past failures with social services.
- Awareness in the public.
- New laws?
Q: HOW CAN WE WORK WITH THE SOCIAL SERVICES?
- Cooperate with them.
- Tell the complete truth.
Q: WHAT CAN WE AS PAERENTS DO TO STOP/REDUCE THIS
- Gain more knowledge.
- Educate children on this.
- Identify cultural clashes with the system.
- Tell the truth when asked.
- Let social workers provide a solution not just handing the children over to foster care ( e.g. financially unstable families).
- Have more support systems for struggling parents.