We provide information and advice drop in sessions in the areas of women’s empowerment and raising confidence, employment, Relationships and debt.
- Employment law support (we are not solicitors) if you are having problems at work and we can support you at Employment Tribunal hearings, self employment issues with understanding how everything works.
- Family support – assistance and support with family issues such as dealing with divorce from a cultural awareness and religious perspective, children support with parenting, dealing with the school where there are issues with children, domestic violence guidance and support, general befriending etc. As an organisation dealing mainly with women from BAME communities we handle this from a culturally and religiously sensitive perspective.
- Debt advice – how to manage debt, assess options for getting out of debt, assistance with budgeting, writing letters to creditors.
- Careers advice:- help with finding a job and changing career. Maybe you have been a stay at home mum and would like to move into paid employment or you have been made redundant and would like to change career or start a business.
- Drop-ins are on Mondays 10-12 by appointment. call or email to book an appointment.
- One to one support – this is a 12 week program of support for women who are facing challenges with their relationships. This could be domestic abuse, low self esteem or confidence after a relationship breakdown or bereavement. It could also be if you need support with parenting challenging children. This one to one service can also be used for our career coaching program which is 4 to 6 weeks long. You can contact us directly to access this service. We also take referrals from schools, children’s services and the social service.
- One off advice and information. We provide one off advice and support during our drop – in sessions one a week. This is for issues such as debt, or one off questions you may have e.g how can I get a divorce, I need help with my child’s school appeal, etc.
- Women’s forum – this is a women’s meeting which is held every two months (6 times a year) to discuss topical issues and where women can support each other. There is an expert or professional who leads the session and women discuss openly and share their experiences and tips for development. Previous topics have included; raising confident children, developing yourself after having children, getting back into employment, healthy eating, etc.
- Children’s summer playscheme – this is a week long programme during the month of August where the children aged 5 to 11 can come and learn a skill or craft and build their confidence working and playing with other children. We also teach maths and English and go on trips. Previous themes have been on learning healthy cooking, and eating, environmental recycling, learning about your family tree and heritage.
Appointment booking is essential
Drop in appointments Mondays 10-12
Telephone Monday – Friday 10-2pm